Last Revised on February 28, 2019
Our Commitment to Online Privacy
Just like we care about your wellness and business, at Abbi Miller Holistic, LLC (“Abbi Miller”) we also care about your online privacy. That’s why we are going to take a minute to S L O W D O W N to ensure that you understand what we are doing with your personal information and to remind you that you have rights when it comes to controlling what is shared online.
Services this Policy Covers
What Is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information that may allow for an individual to be personally identified. For example, your name, email address, social security number, phone number, residential address and credit card details are all considered personal information. Other information, such as your interests, economic status, customer number, IP address, geolocation, education, and job title may also be considered personal information if that information, when combined with other information, is used to reveal your identity. There are also special categories of personal information that should be handled with extra care such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political and religious affiliations, biometrics, sexual orientation and health.
Personal Information Abbi Miller Collects
We only collect personal information from you when you say that it is a-okay for us to use it. You voluntarily consent for us to collect, use and store your personal information by:
- Directly providing the information to us: Sometimes we may ask for specific information from you so that we can effectively provide our coaching services or help you with a particular inquiry. Sometimes you may choose to give us information on your own accord, whether that is during our coaching sessions or through our online services. Both of these are examples of when you are consenting for us to collect, use and store your personal information. Specifically, you consent for us to use the information you have provided when you reach out to us by email or our social media accounts, use the “contact us” form on our website, fill out our client intake form, interact with our support or customer service teams, purchase a coaching session or comment on our blog or social media accounts. If you have decided to share sensitive information with us during our coaching sessions, we always treat this information as highly confidential and do all in our power to ensure that this information is stored and processed securely. It is also wise to remember that our blog and social media accounts are accessible to the public (hot tip: don’t post anything you wouldn’t want mom to see).
Did Someone Say Cookies!?
It’s time for us to talk to you about the cookies – don’t stress; they are gluten-free! These cookies are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser.
- Types of cookies we use: We use both session cookies, that are erased once you exit your browser, and persistent cookies, that stay on your device for a set period of time or until you manually delete them.
- Can I block cookies? Most browsers have an option to stop your computer from accepting cookies or to stop certain types of cookies from being activated. If you do decide to block cookies, our website may operate a little strangely, and you may not be able to access some of our online features. If it is the targeted advertising that you are mainly concerned about, you can choose to specifically opt out of targeted advertising by going the following links:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google – https://adssettings.google.com
- Digital Advertising Alliance – http://optout.aboutads.info/
You can check out www.allaboutcookies.org to learn more about the cookies!
What About My Credit Card Information?
We love being able to accept credit card payments online. It’s convenient, quick and easy to use. However, we understand that giving out your credit card information online can sometimes leave you feeling a little uneasy. We only use PCI compliant third parties to process credit card transactions and we never personally see your credit card information. Currently, we are using Wave and QuickBooks to process credit card transactions.
Reasons Abbi Miller Collects Personal Information
In these George Orwellian times, we think it is important to point out to you that we are no Big Brother company. We never collect your information for the purpose of selling, renting, trading or otherwise abusing it. We only use your information for the following reasons:
- To personalize our online features and content;
- To fulfill or enforce a contract that you have entered into with us;
- To help you efficiently access your information;
- To improve, monitor and test our services and new products or features;
- To prevent, investigate and address the misuse of our services;
- To learn about the types of people that are using our services and how we can better market to those people;
- To allow you to book a coaching session or a consultation;
- To allow you to pay your coaching bill;
- To allow you to participate in social sharing;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To comply with law enforcement and other regulatory authorities; and
- To communicate with you about our services and features.
Sharing Your Information with Other Humans
Although we try to limit who we share your information with, there are situations where sharing is necessary. We share your information with third parties in the following ways:
- Agents: At Abbi Miller, we are strong independent kweens! However, like most businesses we use other trusted companies and individuals to provide back up when needed. Whenever a company or individual is working for us, they are acting as our agent. Sometimes our agents may need to access your personal information for a particular task, but they do not have the right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary and must comply with our privacy practices.
- Third-Party Software and Apps: We use a number of third-party software and apps to make our jobs a little easier. Some personal information may be stored, processed or shared with these apps. Here is a list of some of the current software and apps that we are using: HelloSign, Calendly, GoogleDrive, Wave, QuickBooks, Gmail, SquareSpace, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Gumroad and Dropbox.
- New Owners: In the unlikely event that Abbi Miller is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of major assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. We will give you notice before there is a substantial change in our ownership and before any transfer of your personal information occurs.
- Law Enforcement: We may sometimes be required to share your personal information with law enforcement. We will only share your information when we believe, in good faith, that sharing your information is necessary to protect our business or our clients. Examples include, where a legal warrant or subpoena has been issued to us, where we must report information due to a belief that fraud or misuse of our services has occurred, or where our property or safety, or a client’s property or safety, is at risk. In cases of fraud, we may also be required to share your information with investigatory authorities and banks.
- Emails you can opt out of: At Abbi Miller, we love to keep you updated on the topics of food friendship, body love, and biz badassery. If you are receiving these types of emails, it means that you consented to receive these emails either by clicking a little opt-in box or by otherwise letting us know that it was all good for us to use your email address in this way. Of course, you are always free to opt out of these emails by simply clicking ‘unsubscribe’. We will be sad to see you go *sniffles*.
- Emails you will not be able to opt out of: Sometimes you won’t have the option to unsubscribe from emails that we send you. This will only happen if the email contains a super important message that needs to be delivered to you! For example, we may send emails to let you know that you have an upcoming well-biz coaching session, update you on changes to this Policy, or make sure that you are the one that just used your credit card to book our upcoming overseas yoga retreat.
Personal Information Retention and Your Rights
At Abbi Miller, we don’t think it’s healthy to hold onto clutter – physically, mentally or digitally! That’s why we only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services. We also respect your right to request at any time for us to:
- Give you access to any personal information that we have processed;
- Correct any personal information that may have been incorrectly processed;
- Delete your personal information from our storage systems;
- Transfer your personal information to another service, when technically feasible; and
- Stop using your personal information in specific ways, by withdrawing the consent you have given us.
We will always do our best to comply with your requests; however, sometimes there may be legal or contractual duties that stop us from being able to fulfill your wishes. For example, we may need to retain certain information to comply with our tax reporting obligations, or if the information is part of an active investigation, we may not be able to remove it from our systems straight away. Regardless, we will always respond to your requests and let you know the dealio.
Where Your Information is Processed and Stored
Abbi Miller is a business that is formed and operated in the United States, except for when we are jet setting overseas for one of our yoga retreats! As such, most of our data is stored and processed in the United States, but at times some of your information may be processed and stored overseas. In addition to storing information directly onto our hard drives, we also use some third-party storage systems and apps, such as GoogleDrive and DropBox, to ensure that your information isn’t lost. These third parties may store and transfer your information across the ocean.
Liability for Third-Party Software & Apps
We always use our best efforts to pick the cream of the crop when it comes to using third-party software and apps. We make sure to check out the third party’s security standards before storing, sharing and processing your personal information with them. However, we are not liable for any breach of privacy or data security that occurs due to the fault of these third parties. We have provided links in this Policy to the software and apps that we are currently using, and we recommend that you read the privacy policies of these third parties.
Keeping Your Information Safe
We have physical, electronic and managerial systems and procedures in place to help keep your information under lock and key. Unfortunately, no online system can guarantee complete security of your personal information. Issues such as pesky viruses or system failures may result in your personal information being compromised. You can help prevent unauthorized access to your information by using antivirus software, limiting access to your personal computer and changing your passwords from “123abc” to something a little less obvious. In the unlikely event that your personal information is compromised due to a security breach on our end, we will be sure to make a PSA and notify you within 72 hours of the breach coming to our attention.
Protection of Children
Our services are not directed, or intended, for children under the age of 13 years. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under this age limit and delete this information as soon as we become aware of it. However, we do admire all the 0-12-year-old’s out there contemplating their risk-taking and salad making future. For all of you between the ages of 13 and 16 years, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to access our services. Please also note that if you live outside of the United States, your country may apply stricter age limits. In some cases, even if you are older than 13, you may not be legally allowed to access our online services.
Changes Made to This Policy
Times change, and we change with them. We may modify this Policy as our privacy practices and the laws surrounding privacy develop. The date at the top of this Policy lets you know when this Policy was last revised. If we believe that a change we are making will materially affect the way we use your information, we will send you an email to notify you of such a change. All other minor changes made to our privacy practices will be reflected in an updated policy, and it is on you to check back here occasionally to make sure you have read our latest policy. By continuing to access or use our services after we revise our Policy, you allow us to use your information in the ways described in the updated policy.
All disputes concerning our privacy practices are to be resolved by a round of Paper, Scissors, Rock – first to three wins! If a round of Paper, Scissors, Rock is not agreeable to both parties, then by using our services, you agree to use independent mediation and/or arbitration services to attempt to settle the dispute before submitting the matter to a formal court. All mediation and arbitration costs will be shared between us, except for attorney fees which each of us will pay individually.
Contact Abbi Miller
Congratulations! You did it! You made it to the end! In all seriousness though, if you ever have any questions about how we use your personal information, feel free to reach out to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.